Rotaract Club of YIASCM

Rotaract originally began as Rotaract International   youth   program in 1968 at Charlotte North Rotary Club in Charlotte, North Carolina, United States, and has grown into a major Rotary-sponsored organization of over 10,904 clubs spread around the world and 250,792 members in 184 countries.     

It is a service, leadership, professional and community service organization (often miscommunicated as a Social Service Club) for young men and women between the ages 18–30 (membership will end upon reaching 31 years of age).  Rotaract focuses on the development of young adults as leaders in their communities and workplaces.

Clubs around the world also take part in international service projects, in a global effort to bring peace and international understanding to the world.

"Rotaract" stands for "Rotary in Action", although the name originally comes from a combination of "Rotary" and "Interact" (International + Action), the  high school level program created by RotaryInternational in 1962.

Most Rotaract activities take place at the club level. Rotaract clubs hold formal meetings, usually every two weeks, which feature speakers, special outings, social activities, discussions or visits to other clubs.

Club members get together on designated days for service project work, social events, or professional/leadership development workshops.

To be eligible for membership, prospective members must be 18–30 years of  age,  show       that they are committed to Rotaract, and show that they are of good standing in  the community.        After being approved by the club, prospective members are 'inducted' to become members, also known as 'Rotaractors'.

The avenues of service include Club Service, Community Service, International Service and Professional Development.

Rotaract is the platform which connects the youth from all over the world, and help them

to grow their professional career.

Club Name : ROTARACT CLUB OF YIASCM

Started Since

11 October, 2019

Zone

Karavali Zone, District 3181

Sponsered by

Rotary club of Mangalore (since 1950)